Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jim Martin <ji...@overstock.com> on 2016/07/14 17:46:25 UTC

Re: java.lang.InterruptedException while reloading core

I see this occasionally. I¹ve wondered if it¹s related to SOLR-4161.

This error also correlates with a sudden growth in memory usage within the
VM. Usually, this memory growth does not clear up on its own.

I¹m using Solr 4.10.4.

On 6/26/16, 9:11 PM, "jarpondy" <ra...@outlook.com> wrote:

>Hi
>
>We are seeing the below error(No files to download for index generation)
>followed by Interrupted exception.
>
>org.apache.solr.handler.SnapPuller; No files to download for index
>generation:
>

>org.apache.solr.common.SolrException; SnapPull failed
>:org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Index fetch failed :
>       at
>org.apache.solr.handler.SnapPuller.fetchLatestIndex(SnapPuller.java:503)
>       at
>org.apache.solr.handler.ReplicationHandler.doFetch(ReplicationHandler.java
>:322)
>       at org.apache.solr.handler.SnapPuller$1.run(SnapPuller.java:223)
>       at
>java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
>       at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:304)
>       at
>java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.acces
>s$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:178)
>       at
>java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(S
>cheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)
>       at
>java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:
>1145)
>       at
>java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java
>:615)
>Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Interrupted while waiting for core
>reload to finish
>       at org.apache.solr.handler.SnapPuller.reloadCore(SnapPuller.java:721)
>       at
>org.apache.solr.handler.SnapPuller.fetchLatestIndex(SnapPuller.java:473)
>       ... 9 more
>Caused by: java.lang.InterruptedException
>       at
>java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.doAcquireSharedInter
>ruptibly(AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.java:996)
>       at
>java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.acquireSharedInterru
>ptibly(AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.java:1303)
>       at java.util.concurrent.CountDownLatch.await(CountDownLatch.java:236)
>       at org.apache.solr.handler.SnapPuller.reloadCore(SnapPuller.java:718)
>       ... 10 more
>

>We are using Solr4.6.1 Version.
>Any pointers why the core reload fails or what causes this to fail and how
>can we debug this issue.
>

>--

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message is intended only for the use and review of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message solely to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify sender immediately by telephone or return email. Thank you.