Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by immutability <de...@bielik.org> on 2008/08/07 15:16:02 UTC

Setting the GridPager range

Hi everyone! I'm still a little new to Tapestry5, and before starting a large
project we've decided to develop a small internal application using
Tapestry5. I was working on this for some 3 weeks now, and so far I'm
impressed! I was able to resolve most of my issue using Google, Tapestry
reference and Wiki, or the archives of this mailinglist, but this time I ran
into a few things that I can't figure out. Here's the first one:

I'm using the Grid component to display a list of some entities. The Grid
itself has a few parameters to adjust paging behavior (namely pagerPosition
and rowsPerPage) but there's no parameter to configure GridPager's "range"
parameter. Now, I searched wherever I could, but didn't find a single
example on how to adjust the default values of "range" which is 5. I have
tried to do this declaratively, programmatically in the page's backing
class, but just couldn't find the way to do this.

So my question is: is there an easy way to do this? And if not - is there a
hard way to do this? :) I think I mainly need some pointers to get me
started.

Thanks in advance!
Rado

Re: Setting the GridPager range

Posted by immutability <de...@bielik.org>.
Just check the GridPager reference:
http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/tapestry-core/ref/org/apache/tapestry5/corelib/components/GridPager.html
http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/tapestry-core/ref/org/apache/tapestry5/corelib/components/GridPager.html

range: Number of pages before and after the current page in the range. The
pager always displays links for 2 * range + 1 pages, unless that's more than
the total number of available pages.

The default is 5, and I can't find a way to change it when using the Grid
component.

Posted by Davor Hrg <hr...@gmail.com>.
I don't understand what you mean by "range" ?

Davor Hrg