Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Samuel Cheung <SC...@Novarra.com> on 2005/02/25 00:08:10 UTC

Struts Jar File conflict

I have a legacy project which uses some jakarta jar files (e.g.
common.logging.jar) .
And Struts required some jakarta jar files itself.

What if the versions of those 2 jars are different? How can I use Struts
in my legacy project? I know one way is to upgrade the legacy project to
use the same version as Struts. Is there a better way to do this? I
prefer not to make the drastic changes (risk concern) in order to use
Struts.

Any ideas are welcome.

Thank you.
Sam

Re: Struts Jar File conflict

Posted by Erik Weber <er...@mindspring.com>.
Is the legacy project a servlet app? Can the Struts implementations you
plan to add exist as a separate servlet app? Can you elaborate on what
you mean by "use Struts in my legacy project"?

Erik

Re: Struts Jar File conflict

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
The best solution IMO is to have everything running on the same versions. Is
upgrading Commons Logging really a "drastic change"? In fact do you know if
upgrading any of them is a drastic change?

Maybe you should list the Jakarta dependencies you are talking about along
with the versions your legacy app is using.

Also maybe the best thing to do would be to go onto the user list of each of
the Jakarta dependencies and say "I have a legacy app using version x.y.z of
this software - I want to use Struts which requires version a.b.c. What
steps do I need to take to upgrade my legacy app to the version Struts is
using? Is there an alternative to upgrading?

Niall