Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Daniel Stiefel <da...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/22 15:27:38 UTC

description of the split page process in BTree

Hello Guys,

Is these somewhere a detailed description of the split page process in
the BTree?
(Methods splitFor in Classes ControlRow/LeafControlRow)

Thanks
Daniel Stiefel

Re: description of the split page process in BTree

Posted by Knut Anders Hatlen <kn...@oracle.com>.
Daniel Stiefel <da...@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello Guys,
>
> Is these somewhere a detailed description of the split page process in
> the BTree?
> (Methods splitFor in Classes ControlRow/LeafControlRow)

Hi Daniel,

I'm not sure if these documents have the level of detail that you are
looking for, but here's what I found...

There's some high-level information on the web site:
http://db.apache.org/derby/papers/btree_package.html#BTree+Structure+Modifications

And there's also the How Things Work page,
http://db.apache.org/derby/papers/derby_htw.html, which points to an old
email thread about B-trees:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/db-derby-dev/200501.mbox/%3C41F159EF.90008@sbcglobal.net%3E

Hope this helps,