Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Ola Berg <ol...@arkitema.se> on 2002/06/10 13:00:53 UTC

MessageBroker webapp architecture?

Thoughts in the process of integrating Cocoon with other things into something useable for the customers:

Cocoon at the front, generating content out of XML - great!

Connectors to webapps, repositories etc that generates XML to feed into Cocoon - great!

But what about the architectures that wants to put a message broker/switch (JMS-thing like Tibco) between the app and the publishing system?

My thoughts: making Cocoon connectors and configuring tools for message brokers. Cocoon needs matchers and stuff for that kind of things, any entity connected to the message broker needs adapters and listeners (like a Cocoon adapter). As message brokers supports both push and pull methods, I guess that Cocoon needs some kind of tweaking in order to support push models.

My question: has anybody worked with that architecture and Cocoon? What needs to be done, do you see any problems with it as Cocoon is right now?

I think of things like holding sessions and users in sync between the publishing environment (Cocoon) and the (possibly legacy) application layer (and possibly any integrated user/session management within the message broker), push and pull methods etc.

/O