Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Alvin Randolph <a....@worldnet.att.net> on 2004/06/30 12:37:40 UTC

Can't Start Tomcat 5.0

Hello:
I installed Tomcat 5.0 a few weeks ago on a WinXP system. Set system  Environment variables $CATALINA_HOME to C:\Program Files\Tomcat 5.0 &  JAVA_HOME to C:\JBuilder\jdk1.3.1.

Whenever I click the "Tomcat Administration" link under the Start button, I get a panel requesting the User name & Password to connect me to http://127.0.0.1:8080/ADMIN/....... After 3 tries, I get the "Unauthorized" panel.

I am using the minimal server.xml file with no GlobalNamingResources, service name, connector port assignment, host name & logger settings inside engine tags. I also set memoryrealm so the manager can use Tomcat-user.xml to validate the username & password. There are no error messages in the "Logs" folder. What am I doing wrong?

                                            Thanks,
                                             Alvin Randolph