Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Bruno Melloni <Br...@wnco.com> on 2007/01/30 15:09:42 UTC

Struts2: New life to IBM RAD?

IBM seems to have abandoned Struts (stuck at Struts 1.1, with no plans
to support newer versions) on their RAD 6 IDE and later.  They also
strongly discourages replacing the Struts JAR files in RAD with newer
versions, stating that various problems would occur.

I am trying to find a way to solve this problem, and was wondering if
the following is true:

Are all the package.class names different between Struts 1.1 and 2.0.x?
If they are, then code written to use 2.0.x would have no problems even
if RAD forces its old Struts 1.1 JAR files into the project.  (I know
that using Ant for the build would help us bypass this issue, but too
many of our developers rely on the default IDE build, and changing those
habits would be very difficult)

Is this wishful thinking?  Or is it time to look for a replacement IDE?

Bruno

Re: Struts2: New life to IBM RAD?

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
Correct. Struts2 uses the org.apache.struts2 package whereas Struts1
uses org.apache.struts, so there is no conflict if both are included in
a project.

L.

Posted by cilquirm <aa...@gmail.com>.