Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Aljoscha Krettek <al...@apache.org> on 2017/12/12 11:46:09 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Flink 1.4.0 released

The Apache Flink community is very happy to announce the release of Apache Flink 1.4.0.

Apache Flink® is an open-source stream processing framework for distributed, high-performing, always-available, and accurate data streaming applications.

The release is available for download at:

   https://flink.apache.org/downloads.html

Please check out the release blog post for an overview of the new features and improvements and the list of contributors:

  https://flink.apache.org/news/2017/12/12/release-1.4.0.html

The full release notes are available in Jira: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315522&version=12340533

I would like to thank all contributors for working very hard on making this release a success!

Best,
Aljoscha

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Flink 1.4.0 released

Posted by Aljoscha Krettek <al...@apache.org>.
Hi,

@Flavio, I think the update should be frictionless. At the end of the release post are some notes and only if you would be affected by this do you have to change something.

@Hao Sun Are you using that on EMR? I think in that case you don't have to include anything. If not, it might be that you have to include them with your program. There is also another (new) alternative of using the new bundled S3 filesystems of Flink. That's documented here: https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.4/ops/filesystems.html#built-in-file-systems <https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.4/ops/filesystems.html#built-in-file-systems>

@Vishal I think all dependencies should be on Maven Central but it can take some time for everything to sync to all mirrors.

Best,
Aljoscha

Posted by Vishal Santoshi <vi...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Till Rohrmann <ti...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vishal Santoshi <vi...@gmail.com>.
Awesome job folks, Congrats.

Posted by Hao Sun <ha...@zendesk.com>.

Posted by Flavio Pompermaier <po...@okkam.it>.

--
Flavio Pompermaier
Development Department

OKKAM S.r.l.
Tel. +(39) 0461 041809

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Flink 1.4.0 released

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com>.