Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Sylvain PERROT <sy...@grotte.org> on 2001/06/08 14:39:36 UTC

Cocoon 2 with Tomcat 3.2.2

I installed cocoon on 2 differents boxes :
- one is Windows 2k professional with IIS Server and Tomcat 3.2.2
- the other is a Linux (Slackware) with Apache and Tomcat 3.2.2

The installation went well on both boxes.

Tomcat is running perfectly ...
but on the linux box, when I try to access to the /cocoon folder ( http://mx.grotte.org/cocoon ), I have an Internal Server Error with the following message :

Cocoon 2 - Internal server error

type internal-server-error

message The sitemap handler's sitemap is not available.

description org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: The sitemap handler's sitemap is not available.

source Cocoon servlet

stacktrace

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: The sitemap handler's sitemap is not available.
	at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Manager.setupProcessing(Manager.java:179)
	at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Manager.invoke(Manager.java:93)
	at org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:471)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:405)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:372)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java:797)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743)
	at org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpConnectionHandler.java:213)
	at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:416)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:501)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

exception

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: The sitemap handler's sitemap is not available.

request-uri

/cocoon/

path-info

I followed the installation process twice (I also remove the $tomecat_home/work folder before accessing to the cocoon directory) ..

I think I am now stuck ...

Can you help me please :)

Thanks,

Sylvain PERROT

Re: Cocoon 2 with Tomcat 3.2.2

Posted by Giacomo Pati <gi...@apache.org>.
Quoting Sylvain PERROT <sy...@grotte.org>:

> I installed cocoon on 2 differents boxes :
> - one is Windows 2k professional with IIS Server and Tomcat 3.2.2
> - the other is a Linux (Slackware) with Apache and Tomcat 3.2.2

Do you have an X server running on the Linux box? If not try to start an X
server or Xvfb on it or comment out all components refering to SVG from the
sitemap.xmap

Giacomo

Re: [C1] chaining XSP and Xinclude

Posted by "Jens-A. Reinhardt" <fl...@uni-koblenz.de>.

On Fri, 8 Jun 2001, Benoît Chauvet wrote:

> Hi dear cocoon users and hackers,
>
> Reading for past messages on this Mailing-list, I've found confirmation that multiple XSP processing couldn't be chained...
>
> But what about xinclude ?

xinclude can be applied a couple of times.

If you use xinclude before XSP than the included content becomes part of
the compiled XSP java class and thus static with regard to the original
sources (until the class file is recompiled e.g. if the original xml file
changes)

If you call XInclude after the XSP than the xinclude will be performed
each time you request the file.

Jens

[C1] chaining XSP and Xinclude

Posted by Beno�t Chauvet <be...@chauvet.com>.
Hi dear cocoon users and hackers,

Reading for past messages on this Mailing-list, I've found confirmation that multiple XSP processing couldn't be chained...

But what about xinclude ?

Is Xinclude a 'specialized' XSP tag, so the last rule applies ?
Is Xinclude different ? Is it possible to use Xinclude before XSP processing ? after ?
Is there a god for the programmers ?
Can we expect a doc for the calendar xsp tag some day ? ;)

Thanks for your answers...

--
Benoît Chauvet

Re: Cocoon 2 with Tomcat 3.2.2

Posted by Sylvain PERROT <sy...@grotte.org>.
I will try it again (perhaps I missed some line ...)

thanks and I will give you the Issue status as soon as possible ...

Best
Sylvain P.
Posted by Eirik Dentz <ei...@brainlink.com>.
I looked at your cocoon.log and this is where your sitemap compilation
fails:
ERROR   51042   [cocoon  ] (Thread-32): Error compiling sitemap
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/batik/dom/svg/SVGDOMImplementation
    at
    at org.apache.cocoon.xml.dom.SVGBuilder.<init>(SVGBuilder.java:59)

Commenting out all of the SVG components in the sitemap file will probably
allow you to compile the sitemap and get cocoon working without the SVG
support.  Unfortunately I don't know enough about Java, Cocoon and Batik to

Re: Cocoon 2 with Tomcat 3.2.2

Re: Cocoon 2 with Tomcat 3.2.2