Posted to dev@santuario.apache.org by Berin Lautenbach <be...@wingsofhermes.org> on 2006/03/16 11:20:50 UTC

Support for OpenSSL 0.9.6

What's people's thoughts?  There are some deprecated calls into OpenSSL
that I'd like to drop out of the library, but it would break 0.9.6
support.  Should we keep supporting it, or just make the call that we
support n-1 and go with that?

Cheers,
	Berin

Re: Support for OpenSSL 0.9.6

Posted by Berin Lautenbach <be...@wingsofhermes.org>.
Scott Cantor wrote:
>>What's people's thoughts?  There are some deprecated calls into OpenSSL
>>that I'd like to drop out of the library, but it would break 0.9.6
>>support.  Should we keep supporting it, or just make the call that we
>>support n-1 and go with that?
>

> I would have to vote against dropping it, mainly because I'm still stuck
> supporting some platforms that shipped with 0.9.6.
>
> Can you ifdef around the deprecated calls?

Yes - I was hoping to get away with being lazy :>.

I will work around it.

Cheers,
	Berin

RE: Support for OpenSSL 0.9.6

Posted by Scott Cantor <ca...@osu.edu>.
> What's people's thoughts?  There are some deprecated calls into OpenSSL
> that I'd like to drop out of the library, but it would break 0.9.6
> support.  Should we keep supporting it, or just make the call that we
> support n-1 and go with that?

I would have to vote against dropping it, mainly because I'm still stuck
supporting some platforms that shipped with 0.9.6.

Can you ifdef around the deprecated calls?

-- Scott