Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Bernhard Ankenbrand <BA...@media-one.de> on 2000/05/10 21:10:29 UTC

How to use jps-files in web-root directory?

Hello,

I think I did not understand the concept of tomcat.
I have installed Tomcat 3.1 with Apache 1.3.6 on Linux. Everything
works. I could use servlets and jsp-files in the webapps/CONTEXT-folder.

But how could I configure Apache/Tomcat to parse JSP-Files, located in
the Apache root-directory? I always get Error 500.

Configuration:
/opt/tomcat3.1/webapps/CONTEXT with servlets

/home/www/web1/*.html and *.jsp files
/home/www/web2/*.html and *.jsp files
The JSP-files should include some servlets with the <jsp:include>-tag.

Could anybody help me?

Thanks

Bernhard
--