Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Hugo Angel Rodriguez <Hu...@sas.com> on 2019/06/12 15:05:05 UTC

Is it possible configure a single data-config.xml file for all the environments?

Hi
I need to configure a single data-config.xml file in solr for SAS AML 7.1. I have three environments: Development, quality and production, and you know the first lines in a data-config.xml file is for connection to a database (database name, database server, port, user, password, etc). According to this, is it possible to configure only one file (data.config.xml) that dinamically connects for each of the databases in all environments?

Thanks for all your answers
Best regards

Cordialmente,

Hugo Rodríguez Rodríguez
Sr Associate Technical Consultant | Professional Services
 Tel: +  (571) 658-0888 extensión 1858 ▪ hugoangel.rodriguez@sas.com<ma...@sas.com>
SAS Institute Colombia S.A.S. ▪ Calle 7 Sur  No. 42- 70 Bloque 2 Oficina 916 Edificio Forum ▪ Medellin.
www.sas.com/colombia<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sas.com%2Fcolombia&data=01%7C01%7Cejalzate%40bancolombia.com.co%7C24ddc22c16364075e42c08d48bde4b97%7Cb5e244bdc492495b8b1061bfd453e423%7C0&sdata=E0biJdCaGTQFEZ0ke0mKNrjRJYdeXuHz74kFBzsrWrg%3D&reserved=0>  - Síganos en    [cid:image001.png@01D2BDE9.074D45E0] <https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.linkedin.com%2Fcompany%2Fsas-colombia&data=01%7C01%7Cejalzate%40bancolombia.com.co%7C24ddc22c16364075e42c08d48bde4b97%7Cb5e244bdc492495b8b1061bfd453e423%7C0&sdata=dn1%2Bf8G7%2B0qHSES1YcUSTP6OeL5KxAoSgQT5ixIHCoU%3D&reserved=0>   [cid:image002.png@01D2BDE9.074D45E0] <https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FSas_Colombia&data=01%7C01%7Cejalzate%40bancolombia.com.co%7C24ddc22c16364075e42c08d48bde4b97%7Cb5e244bdc492495b8b1061bfd453e423%7C0&sdata=6Nej3TxX%2BdnJblCxXn2UjviWHbEEwlzgIlVlhqd%2FXJY%3D&reserved=0>  [cid:image003.png@01D2BDE9.074D45E0] <https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2FSASSoftware&data=01%7C01%7Cejalzate%40bancolombia.com.co%7C24ddc22c16364075e42c08d48bde4b97%7Cb5e244bdc492495b8b1061bfd453e423%7C0&sdata=HjwrwmBOyv0KgSM8qZ%2Fn3oWInk9m4UoQlJhL7oRM5N8%3D&reserved=0>

[20-años-SAS-Opc-3]<http://www.sas.com/>

RE: Is it possible configure a single data-config.xml file for all the environments?

Posted by Hugo Angel Rodriguez <Hu...@sas.com>.
Thank you very much for your response. Sorry I did not answer before. I am validating the suggestions indicated

www.sas.com/colombia  - Síganos en

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.

On 6/12/2019 9:05 AM, Hugo Angel Rodriguez wrote:
> I need to configure a single data-config.xml file in solr for SAS AML
> 7.1. I have three environments: Development, quality and production,
> and you know the first lines in a data-config.xml file is for
> connection to a database (database name, database server, port, user, password, etc).
> According to this, is it possible to configure only one file
> (data.config.xml) that dinamically connects for each of the databases
> in all environments?

Are these environments on separate Solr instances, separate servers, or are they on the same Solr instance?

If they're separate instances/servers, you could define the database with JNDI in Jetty (which is included and used to run Solr), and reference that JNDI definition by name in the DIH config in Solr.  I do not know how to use JNDI, I just know that it is possible.

If they're all on the same Solr instance, then things are harder.  You could define multiple JNDI settings in Jetty with each one named after the Solr core, and use ${solr.core.name} in the DIH config.  Or you could pass information into DIH using URL parameters, and then you'd have to include the information every time you started an import.

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.