Posted to dev@yunikorn.apache.org by Weiwei Yang <ww...@apache.org> on 2020/04/22 06:56:50 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache YuniKorn (incubating) 0.8.0-rc2

Hi all

I'd like to call a vote for Apache YuniKorn (incubating) 0.8.0-rc2.
All release artifacts, including source code package, signatures, and
checksum, etc, can be found at:
http://people.apache.org/~wwei/apache-yunikorn-incubating-0.8.0-rc2/

this release has been signed with PGP
key 8D076B6491A66D7B94E94519F57176CE11856D1F, corresponding to
wwei@apache.org. You can find the KEYS file here:
http://people.apache.org/~wwei/KEYS.

The release has been tagged with "*v0.8.0*" in all our git repos.
The JIRA issues have been resolved for this release can be found:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/YUNIKORN/versions/12347742.

Please review and vote. The vote will be open for at least 72 hours (that
ends on *Monday, Apr 25, 2020, 17:00 PST*).

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and the reason why)

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache YuniKorn (incubating) 0.8.0-rc2

Posted by Sunil Govindan <su...@apache.org>.
Hi Weiwei.

Generally release package looks good. I could verify your signature and
checksum as well.
However after unzipping apache-yunikorn-incubating-0.8.0-rc2.tar.gz, i can
see the folder name is still apache-yunikorn-incubating-0.8.0-rc2

If this is final release candidate, then we cant change the name of package
and this folder will always be named with -rc2 at the end in final release
as well.
In my opinion, its better to avoid suffixing -rc2 from unzipped folder name.

Thanks
Sunil

Posted by Julia Kinga Marton <km...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
Hi Weiwei,

I tested the rc2 as well. +1 (non-binding).

Checked the following things:
- verified sha512 sum
- verified signature
- built docker images
- installed YuniKorn both with Helm chart and manually
- run some examples.

Regards,
Kinga

Posted by Weiwei Yang <ab...@gmail.com>.
Hi all

Thanks for voting for RC2, unfortunately, due to the issue Sunil has
raised, we have to roll out RC3 to get this fixed. I will send another
voting thread shortly. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks

Weiwei

Posted by Sunil Govindan <su...@apache.org>.

Posted by Wilfred Spiegelenburg <wi...@apache.org>.