Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jacek Laskowski <jl...@apache.org> on 2004/10/05 12:04:47 UTC

Re: svn commit: rev 51860 - geronimo/trunk/modules/assembly/src/plan

chirino@apache.org wrote:

> +    <reference name="serverInfo">geronimo.system:role=ServerInfo</reference>

>      <attribute name="Url" type="java.lang.String">tcp://localhost:61616</attribute>
>      <reference name="ActiveMQContainer">geronimo.server:type=JMSServer,container=ActiveMQ</reference>

That's just struck me that I'm not sure how the discussion ended up
regarding the case of a attribute's name? Should it be written in the
lower- or uppercase? Or it doesn't matter?

Jacek

Re: svn commit: rev 51860 - geronimo/trunk/modules/assembly/src/plan

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <ds...@gluecode.com>.
On Oct 5, 2004, at 3:04 AM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> chirino@apache.org wrote:
>
>> +    <reference
>> name="serverInfo">geronimo.system:role=ServerInfo</reference>
>
>>      <attribute name="Url"
>> type="java.lang.String">tcp://localhost:61616</attribute>
>>      <reference
>> name="ActiveMQContainer">geronimo.server:
>> type=JMSServer,container=ActiveMQ</reference>
>
> That's just struck me that I'm not sure how the discussion ended up
> regarding the case of a attribute's name? Should it be written in the
> lower- or uppercase? Or it doesn't matter?

The current convention is for attributes to follow Java variable naming
conventions (i.e., lower case first character camel cased after) and
for references to follow Java class naming conventions (i.e., capital
first character camel cased after).

-dain