Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org> on 2015/11/08 23:20:09 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] New committer: Josh Elser

On behalf of the PMC I am delighted to announce Josh Elser as a new
Calcite committer.

Josh (and Maryann Xue, announced in a separate message) are the first
committers appointed since Calcite became a top-level project.

Josh has been doing some exceptional work on Calcite over the last few
months, in particular on the Avatica component. He has made many
important changes already, such as changing the RPC layer to protobuf.
He is already a committer in Apache Accumulo, and his maturity shows
in his communication skills -- it is always a pleasure to discuss
patches, process, and architectural changes with him on the list and
via JIRA.

Please give Josh a warm welcome to the project!

Julian

Re: [ANNOUNCE] New committer: Josh Elser

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
Congratulations Josh!

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)

Re: [ANNOUNCE] New committer: Josh Elser

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org>.
Congrats, Josh! Great to have you on the project.

Posted by Jinfeng Ni <ji...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations!

Posted by Maryann Xue <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
Thank you everyone!

Posted by Jesus Camacho Rodriguez <jc...@hortonworks.com>.
Congrats Josh!

Posted by John Pullokkaran <jp...@hortonworks.com>.
Congratulations Josh!

Posted by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@apache.org>.
Welcome Josh!

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
By the way, I understated Josh's accomplishments. He is an Accumulo
PMC member, an Apache member, and a committer on Rya and Slider, and
has just been appointed to the Incubator PMC.

Julian