Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Chris Anderson <jc...@apache.org> on 2009/01/14 08:38:08 UTC

CouchRest and CouchApp groups

Couchers,

After some prodding by Antony (thanks!) I've started Google Groups for
both CouchRest, my Ruby client library, and CouchApp, a set of
utilities for managing the correspondence between your file-system and
CouchDB design documents in order to build standalone applications.

The mailing lists are available here:

http://groups.google.com/group/couchrest

http://groups.google.com/group/couchapp

Looking forward to it!

Chris

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchris.mfdz.com

Re: CouchRest and CouchApp groups

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.
fair enough

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 07:26:25AM -0500, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> What overhead?  Just put them in the source tree, and put a new page on
> the website.  It isn't that hard.

What about keeping them up to date? The upstream versions are still going to
exist, so we're still going to need to keep track of things. We would need to
clear licencing issues, and provide documentation. Keeping a list of external
software on the wiki would be a more productive use of time, I think.

Re: CouchRest and CouchApp groups

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.
On Jan 14, 2009, at 7:28 AM, Benoit Chesneau wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 1:26 PM, Geir Magnusson Jr. <ge...@pobox.com>
> wrote:

>>> Organizational overhead :) Making proper ASF sub-projects comes
>>> with a little extra work attached. I don't think we should invest
>>> that
>>> now (before 0.9 and 1.0).
>>
>> What overhead?  Just put them in the source tree, and put a new
>> page on the
>> website.  It isn't that hard.
>>
> There may be licensing/patent problem, so this isn't so easy I guess.

Huh?  for a rest API wrapper that Chris wrote?

Posted by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.
Maybe I should start the "_rev and _id in document" thread all over
again.

/ducks

geir

Posted by Antony Blakey <an...@gmail.com>.