Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Pasquale Congiusti <pa...@gmail.com> on 2022/09/13 10:30:46 UTC

Extend LTS concept to Camel K

Hi folks,
I am not sure if this was discussed in the past, but here goes my proposal
to officially extend the LTS concept to Camel K releases as well. Since we
depend on Camel Quarkus and Camel framework for the runtime, we should
follow the same path in order to be able to apply any fix/upgrade in the
proper release version. For example, right now we're not actively
supporting the 1.8 release, which is based on Camel Quarkus 2.7 and Camel
3.14 (both LTS). I think it would be good from a user point of view,
relying on some long time support release. Also from the developer point of
view, it will give us a certain capability to plan ahead of time on which
release to focus to enable more stability.

Please, share your feedback.

Regards,
Pasquale.

Re: Extend LTS concept to Camel K

Posted by Tadayoshi Sato <sa...@gmail.com>.
+1 for having LTS releases for Camel K.

--
Tadayoshi Sato

Re: Extend LTS concept to Camel K

Posted by Claudio Miranda <cl...@claudius.com.br>.
On Tue, Sep 13, 2022 at 7:31 AM Pasquale Congiusti
<pa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am not sure if this was discussed in the past, but here goes my proposal
> to officially extend the LTS concept to Camel K releases as well. Since we

Is there any LTS doc explaining details like what kind of changes are
going to be fixed in an LTS release ?
Also, in case of Camel K, there are camel-k-runtime and camel-quarkus
dependencies, and following a Camel K LTS release would depend on
*only* the LTS releases of these projects.
I found some brief explanation in
https://camel.apache.org/blog/2020/03/LTS-Release-Schedule/
There is https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/LTS as
an inspiration too.

--
  Claudio Miranda

claudio@claudius.com.br
http://www.claudius.com.br

Re: Extend LTS concept to Camel K

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
+1 to have LTS for Camel K that aligns with LTS releases of the core Camel
project.

On Tue, Sep 13, 2022 at 12:31 PM Pasquale Congiusti <

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Re: Extend LTS concept to Camel K

Posted by Andrea Cosentino <an...@gmail.com>.
Also committer can. Anyone who is able to write to dist/dev could release.

The promotion from dist/dev to dist/release must be done by a PMC member.

https://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#upload-ci

Posted by Pasquale Congiusti <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hey Andrea,

Posted by Andrea Cosentino <an...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the help,

Posted by Otavio Rodolfo Piske <an...@gmail.com>.
+1. I think it would be good to have an LTS version of Camel K.

Kind regards

--
Otavio R. Piske
http://orpiske.net