Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "Philippe P." <ac...@philippe.prados.name> on 2008/05/01 18:08:53 UTC

Re: JBoss and ActiveMQ with remote JNDI

JBoss answer
"/The connection factories provided by a Resource Adapter (RA) are
typically not available for use by clients that are outside of the
application server. That is, the JCA specification is intended to
provided resources to the application server, and relies upon behavior
on the part of the application server in connection pool management,
transaction management, and security.

Also, for this reason, the JNDI location of the RA's ConnectionFactories
should be located in the "java:" namespace. This namespace is local to
the jvm and has no visibility to external clients./"

Is it true ? I'm not sure. How other application server do ?

Philippe

Re: JBoss and ActiveMQ with remote JNDI

Posted by An An <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I am facing this same issue.
The configuration I have is JBoss 4.0.5 with Active MQ 5.2 embedded, and
MSSQL 2005 for persistence.

Is there a way to get this jndi lookup working?

Posted by Alex Soto <le...@gmail.com>.