Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Joe Tomcat <to...@mobile.mp> on 2002/09/11 08:20:36 UTC

Tomcat standalone followup question

I know this comes up all the time, but here is a followup question: It
seems like one of the main reasons people advocate having Apache, and
not just Tomcat by itself, is if you have to use PHP or CGI stuff with
the server.  If you are in a case where you know that you will never
ever have to use any of those things on the same server, and if most of
your pages are dynamic, is there still any reason to use Apache?  One of
the main things I like about Tomcat is that it is pure Java which means
it is much safer for handling untrusted user input than something
written in C, like Apache.