Posted to taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org by James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2001/06/26 20:49:38 UTC

Changes to the log tags

I've just committed a number of changes to the log tags into CVS.

* The log tags now do not initialise log4j themselves. You can do this
yourself using your own mechanism, via a log4j Servlet or by putting a
log4j.properties file in WEB-INF/classes. I use the latter approach in the
example web app as I find it easier.

* Optimised the tags so that the body is not evaluated if log4j has the
logging category or priority disabled.

* Added new <log:fatal> tag for support for the FATAL level of log4j logging

I'd like to release them soon, along with the IO and XTags...

James