Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Peter Klügl <pe...@averbis.com> on 2015/09/23 15:40:16 UTC

FeaturePath vs. FeatureValuePath

Hi,

there are two interfaces and classes to access nested feature values
FeaturePath(Impl) and FeatureValuePath(Impl). The later has been
deprecated in favour of the former, but it looks like there is
functionality getting lost in this transition. With FeatureValuePath it
is possible to have feature arrays in the middle of the path whereas
FeaturePath only allows these at the very end of the path.

Is this initial investigation correct? What is the current status of
this functionality?

Best,

Peter

Re: FeaturePath vs. FeatureValuePath

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
probably best to implement the missing part (arrays) in the non-deprecated
version, I think.

-Marshall

Posted by Peter Klügl <pe...@averbis.com>.
Good point, I will think about it.