Posted to users@camel.apache.org by javamonkey79 <ja...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/18 22:47:57 UTC

missing output on route definition

I have the following:

		<onException>
			<exception>java.lang.Throwable</exception>
			<redeliveryPolicy redeliveryDelay="1000" maximumRedeliveries="1" />
			<bean ref="exceptionToAlertConverter" />
			<to uri="direct:alerter" />
		</onException>
		<route id="alerterRoute">
			<from uri="direct:alerter" />
			<transacted ref="propagationNotSupportedTransactionPolicy" />
			<to id="alerter" uri="billingBroker://Alerter" />
		</route>

And in my unit test, I have:

		context.getRouteDefinition( "alerterRoute" ).adviceWith( context, new
AdviceWithRouteBuilder() {
			@Override
				weaveById( "alerter" ).replace().to( ALERTER_QUEUE_URI );
			}
		} );

I am trying to replace the "alerter" id b\c it is pointing at ActiveMQ,
which I don't need to test here.

But, I keep getting:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: There are no outputs which matches:
alerter in the route: Route(alerterRoute)[[From[direct:alerter]] ->
[OnException[null -> [Bean[ref:exceptionToAlertConverter],
To[direct:alerter]]],
Transacted[ref:propagationNotSupportedTransactionPolicy]]]
	at
org.apache.camel.builder.AdviceWithTasks$1.task(AdviceWithTasks.java:160)

When I print out the route definition, I get this:
Route(alerterRoute)[[From[direct:alerter]] -> [OnException[null ->
[Bean[ref:exceptionToAlertConverter], To[direct:alerter]]],
Transacted[ref:propagationNotSupportedTransactionPolicy]]]

The alerter "to" is gone?!?

Re: missing output on route definition

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Yeah always try with newer releases. There is also 2.11.1, and 2.11.2
on the way etc.

eg see the bullets on this page for suggestions what to do
http://camel.apache.org/support

On Sat, Sep 21, 2013 at 12:16 AM, javamonkey79 <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am using 2.11.0. I can try the newly released 2.12.0 if you think that
> would fix it.
>
> I removed the transacted statement and yes, the broker then showed up in the
> route definition. Maybe there is a bug in how routes with transacted are
> advised?

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
Red Hat, Inc.
Email: cibsen@redhat.com
Twitter: davsclaus
Blog: http://davsclaus.com

Re: missing output on route definition

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
What Camel version do you use?
Try with a newer version.
And try without transacted just to see if it can find it then

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 10:47 PM, javamonkey79 <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have the following:
>
>                 <onException>
>                         <exception>java.lang.Throwable</exception>
>                         <redeliveryPolicy redeliveryDelay="1000" maximumRedeliveries="1" />
>                         <bean ref="exceptionToAlertConverter" />
>                         <to uri="direct:alerter" />
>                 </onException>
>                 <route id="alerterRoute">
>                         <from uri="direct:alerter" />
>                         <transacted ref="propagationNotSupportedTransactionPolicy" />
>                         <to id="alerter" uri="billingBroker://Alerter" />
>                 </route>
>
> And in my unit test, I have:
>
>                 context.getRouteDefinition( "alerterRoute" ).adviceWith( context, new
> AdviceWithRouteBuilder() {
>                         @Override
>                         public void configure() throws Exception {
>                                 weaveById( "alerter" ).replace().to( ALERTER_QUEUE_URI );
>                         }
>                 } );
>
> I am trying to replace the "alerter" id b\c it is pointing at ActiveMQ,
> which I don't need to test here.
>
> But, I keep getting:
>
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: There are no outputs which matches:
> alerter in the route: Route(alerterRoute)[[From[direct:alerter]] ->
> [OnException[null -> [Bean[ref:exceptionToAlertConverter],
> To[direct:alerter]]],
> Transacted[ref:propagationNotSupportedTransactionPolicy]]]
>         at
> org.apache.camel.builder.AdviceWithTasks$1.task(AdviceWithTasks.java:160)
>
> When I print out the route definition, I get this:
> Route(alerterRoute)[[From[direct:alerter]] -> [OnException[null ->
> [Bean[ref:exceptionToAlertConverter], To[direct:alerter]]],
> Transacted[ref:propagationNotSupportedTransactionPolicy]]]
>
> The alerter "to" is gone?!?

Claus Ibsen
Red Hat, Inc.
Email: cibsen@redhat.com