Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Patrick McFadin <pm...@gmail.com> on 2022/07/04 17:24:41 UTC

Trademark listing?

Hi all,

I was working with my publisher on an upcoming book project I'm working on
and found something I couldn't explain.

The ASF Trademark page doesn't list Pulsar as either registered or
unregistered.
https://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/list/

The Pulsar website doesn't use a ™ or ® on any naming. I thought all Apache
projects were trademarked but maybe I was wrong?

Patrick

Re: Trademark listing?

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.
Hi Patrick,

See the bold notice on https://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/list/

The Apache Software Foundation considers the names of all top level projects, all downloadable software products, our feather logo, and the logos of our projects to be trademarks of the ASF. The ASF owns all Apache trademarks on behalf of our volunteer project communities.

This is definitive. I’m on the brand committee. The listing provided on the page likely needs a full update it is a complicated generated page. A PR on https://GitHub.com/apache/www-site would be welcome.

Regarding the footer on pulsar.apache.org <http://pulsar.apache.org/> I’ve created PRs - https://github.com/apache/pulsar-site/pull/139 <https://github.com/apache/pulsar-site/pull/139> , 140, and 141

Thanks,
Dave

Re: Trademark listing?