Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Henryk Konsek <he...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/11 20:54:11 UTC

[camel-extra][smooks] Dependencies only in mirror repo

Deprecated Smooks component from Camel-Extra defines dependencies to
Smooks 1.0.1 jars. The problem is that the oldest version of Smooks
available on ibiblio is 1.1 [1]. The only public repository where I
can find 1.0.1 jars (according to the Google and findjar.com [2]) is
Maven 1 ibiblio mirror [3].

I guess that many people doesn't have this mirror [3] in the
settings.xml. That leads to the problem with unsatisfied dependencies.

Since Smooks component is deprecated I suggest to add 1.0.1 jars to
our new /maven2/others repository [4]. What do you think about that?

[1] http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/maven2/org/milyn/milyn-smooks-core/
[2] http://www.findjar.com/jar/milyn/milyn-smooks-core/1.0.1/milyn-smooks-core-1.0.1.jar.html
[3] http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/maven/
[4] http://code.google.com/p/camel-extra/source/browse/#svn/maven2/others

--
Henryk Konsek

Re: [camel-extra][smooks] Dependencies only in mirror repo

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 10:16 AM, Henryk Konsek <he...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Remove it now or wait for Camel 3.0?

I think we should mark it as @deprecated and indicate we will remove
it for Camel 2.6/3.0.
People can grab the source code in the mean time and maintain the
project themself.

After all its a very simple project. And moving forward you should use
the native Camel support from the official Smooks project instead. Its
much more power full.

--

Twitter: http://twitter.com/davsclaus

Re: [camel-extra][smooks] Dependencies only in mirror repo

Posted by Henryk Konsek <he...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.