Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Elad Kalif <el...@apache.org> on 2023/05/25 04:59:37 UTC

[LAZY CONSENSUS] define supporting older Python/Kubernetes versions as best efforts

Hello everyone,

We already have a policy stated as Support for Python and Kubernetes
versions
<https://github.com/apache/airflow#support-for-python-and-kubernetes-versions>

The suggested change to the policy is:

* This policy is best-effort which means there may be situations where we
might terminate support earlier if circumstances require it.

PR: https://github.com/apache/airflow/pull/31534

Motivation: Python 3.7 support is very close to EOL date and many packages
have already dropped support for it. This causes issues with our CI. Our
current policy doesn't allow us to drop Python 3,7 support thus requesting
to modify the policy to best efforts.

Unless there is an objection, the lazy consensus will be reached in 72 hrs
on Sunday 28th of May 2023, 5:00 am UTC.

Thanks,
Elad Kalif

Re: [LAZY CONSENSUS] define supporting older Python/Kubernetes versions as best efforts

Posted by Elad Kalif <el...@apache.org>.
The Lazy Consensus has been reached.

PR https://github.com/apache/airflow/pull/31534 is merged.

Posted by Rafal Biegacz <ra...@google.com.INVALID>.