Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/21 13:16:51 UTC

The move to GIT

Hi dev,
  I'm firing the jira issue to make the move to git happen.

I would like to ask you what should we do with these directories in our tree:

tapestry-logo/                  ( tapestry logo source files )
tapestry-site/                   ( old site completely moved to
Confluence ?! Remove ?! )
tapestry-test/                   ( test?! remove? )
tapestry3/                        (ancient source tree)
tapestry4/                        (old source tree)
tapestry5/                        (current source tree)
tapestry5-early-structure/   (some tests with the directory structure
... remove?! )

Basically we could keep them all in each own branch the decide what to
remove or we can clean them before the move...

Cheers
--
Massimo
http://meridio.blogspot.com

Re: The move to GIT

Posted by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 8:15 AM, Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 2:40 PM, Bob Harner <bo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I favor leaving the old things behind. I'm sure the Apache svn repo will be
>> around for years.
>
> So no one answered I will proceed to ask for migration just for the
> tapestry5 directory (which contains standard subversion layout).

FYI: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-4703

Cheers
--
Massimo