Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu> on 2003/05/16 23:57:23 UTC

Maturity of MathML extension

Hi all, I have a question concerning the maturity of the MathML
extension. Is it mature enough to be used to generate PDF content for
MathML thats possibly embedded in Apache xdoc? We're considering using
it to build javadoc content.

-Mark Diggory

Re: Maturity of MathML extension

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
The MathML extension is simply a demo extension for FOP at this time. If
you want to check out on the maturity of the extension you'll have to
see for yourself if it suits your needs. Just let me tell you that the
MathML extension is written for and located in the CVS space of our
redesign effort. The extension will probably not work with the latest
FOP release. It should, however, be possible to adjust it to the
maintenance branch with relativley little effort. But you would have to
do it yourself.

Good luck.

On 16.05.2003 23:57:23 Mark R. Diggory wrote:
> Hi all, I have a question concerning the maturity of the MathML
> extension. Is it mature enough to be used to generate PDF content for
> MathML thats possibly embedded in Apache xdoc? We're considering using
> it to build javadoc content.

Jeremias Maerki