Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Kelson <ke...@speed.net> on 2006/11/01 00:10:47 UTC

Re: bayes_auto_learn_threshold_nonspam

Chris Purves wrote:
> Running "grep noautolearn /usr/share/spamassassin/*" returns the list of
> tests with noautolearn set.
> No Bayes in this list.  If your bayes database is well trained, then I
> don't see why it shouldn't be used to determine and train more spam or ham.

It doesn't need to be in the list.  Autolearn acts on the non-Bayes
score sets.

man Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf

> Note that certain tests are ignored when determining whether a mes-
> sage should be trained upon:
>
>  - rules with tflags set to 'learn' (the Bayesian rules)
>
>  - rules with tflags set to 'userconf' (user white/black-listing rules, etc)
>
>  - rules with tflags set to 'noautolearn'
>
> Also note that auto-training occurs using scores from either score-
> set 0 or 1, depending on what scoreset is used during message
> check.  It is likely that the message check and auto-train scores
> will be different.

Remember, scores sets are:
0 - no bayes, no network
1 - no bayes, network
2 - bayes, no network
3 - bayes, network

This does mean that the score used for autolearn isn't quite the same as
just taking the "real" score and subtracting/adding the bayes score.

--
Kelson Vibber