Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ilya Kazakevich <ka...@devexperts.com> on 2009/04/24 11:53:19 UTC

GZIP: pjl-comp-filter vs build-in compression engine

Hello.

Http connector is able to compress data ("compress" param), right?
So, why filters like pjl-comp-filter exist?

Did anybody compare them? Any benchmarks or pitfalls?

I am asking because some people in our company uses pjl, and I do not
understand why do I need some third-party solution, if from-the-box
functionality exists.

What do you think?

Thanks.
Kazakevich Ilya,
MCP, SCJP

Re: GZIP: pjl-comp-filter vs build-in compression engine

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.