Posted to dev@hivemind.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2004/07/30 14:26:00 UTC

Unit test failure on Unix

Hi,

    [junit] Testcase: testAttributes(hivemind.test.sdl.TestSDLResourceParser):
FAILED
    [junit] Attribute long expected:<...
    [junit] ...> but was:<......>junit.framework.ComparisonFailure: Attribute long expected:<...
    [junit] ...> but was:<......>
    [junit] 	at hivemind.test.sdl.TestSDLResourceParser.checkAttributes(TestSDLResourceParser.java:111)
    [junit] 	at hivemind.test.sdl.TestSDLResourceParser.testAttributes(TestSDLResourceParser.java:140)

this test expects a literal \r\n sequence which isn't there since
attributes.sdl had its line ends converted by CVS and thus I only have
\n.

Fixes could be changing attributes.sdl to binary (so CVS leaves it
alone) or expecting System.getProperty("line.separator") instead of
\r\n.

Stefan

Re: Unit test failure on Unix

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the tip; I'll look into it.

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 14:26:00 +0200, Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     [junit] Testcase: testAttributes(hivemind.test.sdl.TestSDLResourceParser):
> FAILED
>     [junit] Attribute long expected:<...
>     [junit] ...> but was:<......>junit.framework.ComparisonFailure: Attribute long expected:<...
>     [junit] ...> but was:<......>
>     [junit]     at hivemind.test.sdl.TestSDLResourceParser.checkAttributes(TestSDLResourceParser.java:111)
>     [junit]     at hivemind.test.sdl.TestSDLResourceParser.testAttributes(TestSDLResourceParser.java:140)
>
> this test expects a literal \r\n sequence which isn't there since
> attributes.sdl had its line ends converted by CVS and thus I only have
> \n.
>
> Fixes could be changing attributes.sdl to binary (so CVS leaves it
> alone) or expecting System.getProperty("line.separator") instead of
> \r\n.
>
> Stefan

Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry