Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Robert Beicht <rb...@sulzer.de> on 2002/09/13 08:25:48 UTC

SQL Extension: Memory Leak?

Hi all,

I use the sql extension for mass inserts against a (Borland) InterBase
database
(this is possible in InterBase since you can select from a stored
procedure).

After a while, this fails with an OutOfMemoryException - I used JProbe
monitor this and it is quite clear: the allocated memory increases and
increases ..
it is tons of int[] wich are allocated until the Memory exceeds.

Any ideas on this ?

Before the import into the db, the underlying .xml is processed using
stylesheets
in many ways, were the used memory is almost constant, so the problem is
inside
the sql extension.

There is another topic as well, but I could solve this on my own:

First of all, the mass insert was dog-slow, because the implemented
DefaultConnectionPool opens and closes a connection to the db twice
(first to
test the connection, then to execute the query.
I've solved this implementing my own ConnectionPool which keeps a
connection
open.

Robert.