Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Madan D <ma...@yahoo.com.au> on 2022/04/18 21:28:47 UTC

Adpative scheduler is not recognizing by Flink 1.14.0

Hello Team,
I am trying to use adaptive schedule with flink 1.14 to run flink job based on available resources instead of waiting for required parallelism (scaling) but I don't see flink is getting recognize adaptive schedule.
Ex: flink run  -m yarn-cluster -ynm jobName -p 128 -D jobmanager.scheduler=adaptive  -D cluster.declarative-resource-management.enabled=true -c className JarName
Reference : Elastic Scaling

|  |
Elastic Scaling

Elastic Scaling # Apache Flink allows you to rescale your jobs. You can do this manually by stopping the job an...

Caused by: java.util.concurrent.CompletionException: java.util.concurrent.CompletionException: org.apache.flink.runtime.jobmanager.scheduler.NoResourceAvailableException: Slot request bulk is not fulfillable! Could not allocate the required slot within slot request timeout        at org.apache.flink.runtime.scheduler.DefaultScheduler.lambda$assignResource$8(DefaultScheduler.java:515)        ... 37 moreCaused by: java.util.concurrent.CompletionException: org.apache.flink.runtime.jobmanager.scheduler.NoResourceAvailableException: Slot request bulk is not fulfillable! Could not allocate the required slot within slot request timeout        at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.encodeThrowable(CompletableFuture.java:292)        at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.completeThrowable(CompletableFuture.java:308)        at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.uniApply(CompletableFuture.java:607)        at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture$UniApply.tryFire(CompletableFuture.java:591)        ... 35 more
Can you please help me on this.

Regards,
Madan

Re: Adpative scheduler is not recognizing by Flink 1.14.0

Posted by Zhanghao Chen <zh...@outlook.com>.
Hi Madan,

The reason might be that the -D parameters are not recognized since you used the old-fashioned YARN CLI command, where you need to add the -y prefix for command options. Use -yD instead of -D or use "flink run -t yarn-per-job -Dyarn.application.name=jobname" instead of "flink run  -m yarn-cluster -ynm jobName".

I suggest you allocating enough resources first and lanuching the JM. Then check on the Flink WebUI - JobManager - Configuration page if the configurations are recognized and try again.

Best,
Zhanghao Chen

Reference : Elastic Scaling<https://nightlies.apache.org/flink/flink-docs-release-1.14/docs/deployment/elastic_scaling/>