Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by George R Goffe <gr...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2020/02/03 20:53:20 UTC

[users@httpd] Continuous content provision.

Hi,

I have come across a few sites whose URLs seem to provide continuous content. When the user goes to the end of the URL the "server?" "thinks" for a second or two and puts up an animated mouse pointer and then more content appears.

My question is, "How is this continuous content" accomplished. Is it a server side setting or script?

Thanks for your help,

Best regards,

George...

Re: [users@httpd] Continuous content provision.

Posted by Jonathon Koyle <li...@gmail.com>.
If you mean sites where you scroll to the "bottom" of the page and it
fetches more content, like Instagram or Facebook, and then the"bottom" is
farther down the page, that is accomplished client side with scripts
running in the browser.

Posted by Antony Stone <An...@apache.open.source.it>.
On Monday 03 February 2020 at 21:53:20, George R Goffe wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have come across a few sites whose URLs seem to provide continuous
> content.

Give us some examples?

Posted by Hendrik Schmieder <he...@jedox.com>.
George R Goffe schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I have come across a few sites whose URLs seem to provide continuous content. When the user goes to the end of the URL the "server?" "thinks" for a second or two and puts up an animated mouse pointer and then more content appears.
>
> My question is, "How is this continuous content" accomplished. Is it a server side setting or script?
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> Best regards,
>
> George...

Beside the technical background you shouldn't do this,
snce this is very user unfriendly.

Even the one who invented this now is the opinion that this is a very
bad idea.

   with best regards

    Hendrik Schmieder

www.jedox.com
Hendrik Schmieder
Senior Software Engineer
+49 761 15147 13
Jedox AG
Bismarckallee 7a
79098Freiburg im Breisgau
Germany
Executive Board: Florian Winterstein (Chairman), Bernd Eisenblätter
​Supervisory Board: Bernhard Wöbker (Chairman), Curt Gunsenheimer, Thilo Schmid
​Place of Business: Amtsgericht Freiburg HRB 702118
​
​​[TM.V06112018]