Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Yves Dorfsman <yv...@zioup.com> on 2008/07/09 05:18:51 UTC

gssapi against AD server ?

Hi,

Can you use GSSAPI authentication with svn 1.5 against a Microsoft AD
server  ?

I do this with CVS without problem, but ran into a problem with subversion,
and would like to know if there are known issues with this before I dig into
it further.

In http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/notes/sasl.txt it says:

"Cyrus's GSSAPI implementation does not support encryption, except for very
basic 56-bit DES.  If you leave the encrypt settings out of your
svnserve.conf entirely, you're fine; just don't set max-encryption higher
than 56."

Could this prevent authentication against AD ?
Has anybody done this before ?

I am getting the following error:
svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: Authentication error from server: SASL(-13): authentication
failure: GSSAPI Failure: gss_accept_sec_context

klist shows me the tgt from my kinit + the the ticket for svn from the svn
server, so that seems good.

Thanks.
--
Yves.