Posted to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Gokulakannan M <go...@huawei.com> on 2010/01/13 10:32:16 UTC

libhdfs install error

Hi,

            I am trying to install libhdfs for Scribe-HDFS integration.

            I am using hadoop0.20.1in SUSE linux 10 sp 2 .

            These are the steps I follow.

            in hadoop/src/c++/libhdfs

            ./configure --enable-static --disable-shared
            --with-java=$JAVA_HOME JVM_ARCH=tune=k8

            configuration is successful. No errors or warnings..

            but after running 'make' I am getting the folowing error

            /bin/sh ./libtool --mode=link --tag=CC gcc -g -O2 -DOS_LINUX -
            DDSO_DLFCN -DCPU=\"i386\" -mtune=k8 -I/opt/jdk6/include
-I/opt-rpath /
            root/app/hadoop-0.20.1/src/c++/libhdfs/../install/lib hdfs.lo
            hdfsJniHelper.lo -ldl -lpthread
            libtool: link: can not build a shared library
            libtool: link: see the libtool documentation for more
information
            libtool: link: Fatal configuration error.
            make: *** [libhdfs.la] Error 1

            Any idea of what is wrong in the process?

 Thanks,

  Gokul

Re: libhdfs install error

Posted by Eli Collins <el...@cloudera.com>.
>            Any idea of what is wrong in the process?

I'd build using ant:

ant -Dcompile.c++=true -Dlibhdfs=true compile-c++-libhdfs

Thanks,
Eli