Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Ran Gao <rg...@apache.org> on 2022/01/05 09:23:04 UTC

[DISCUSS] Apache Pulsar 2.9.2 release

Hello, Pulsar community:

I'd like to propose that we release Apache Pulsar 2.9.2.

Currently, compared to 2.9.1, branch-2.9 already merged 171 commits(refer
to [0]), they contain the log4j security patch and many important fixes.

I am happy to volunteer to be the release manager.

I see 4 merged PRs are labeled release/2.9.2 but not cherry-pick to
branch-2.9, I'll cherry-pick them, and there are also 20 open PRs are
labeled release/2.9.2, I'll follow them to make sure important fix could be
merged in 2.9.2.

Best,
Ran Gao

[0] https://github.com/apache/pulsar/compare/v2.9.1...branch-2.9

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Pulsar 2.9.2 release

Posted by Ran Gao <rg...@apache.org>.
Thanks for your reminder.

Currently, the new added PR will be added the label `branch-x.x`, the label indicate the PR should be added to which branch. After the PR is merged, the PR will be cherry-picked to the specific branch. After cherry-pick, a label `cherry-picked/branch-x.x` will be added.

I think this is a good way because it's hard to check all PRs before releasing a new version. Maybe we have a better choice, we could start a discussion.

Posted by Ran Gao <rg...@apache.org>.
Sorry, late response, please take a look at the previous reply. If you have good ideas, we could start a discussion.

Posted by guo jiwei <te...@apache.org>.
+1

Regards
Jiwei Guo (Tboy)