Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Saurabh Chakrabarti <sa...@gmail.com> on 2016/12/25 04:33:52 UTC

Facing problems getting started with the project on eclipse

Hi Guys,

I'm new here and have started to get my hands dirty with the codebase, but
have been facing some problems. Would be great if someone could help me out
with this.

I have installed java8, mysql 5.6.33, tomcat 7.0.69
When I import the project to Eclipse and try to run it, I get the following
exception when I run ServerApplication class

Exception in thread "main"
org.springframework.context.ApplicationContextException:
Unable to start embedded container; nested exception is
org.springframework.boot.context.embedded.EmbeddedServletContainerException:
Unable to start embedded Tomcat
    at org.springframework.boot.context.embedded.
EmbeddedWebApplicationContext.onRefresh(EmbeddedWebApplicationContext.
java:124)
    at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.
refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:476)
    at org.springframework.boot.context.embedded.
EmbeddedWebApplicationContext.refresh(EmbeddedWebApplicationContext.
java:109)
    at org.springframework.boot.SpringApplication.refresh(
SpringApplication.java:691)
    at org.springframework.boot.SpringApplication.run(
SpringApplication.java:320)
    at org.springframework.boot.SpringApplication.run(
SpringApplication.java:952)
    at org.springframework.boot.SpringApplication.run(
SpringApplication.java:941)
    at org.apache.fineract.ServerApplication.main(ServerApplication.java:52)
Caused by: org.springframework.boot.context.embedded.
EmbeddedServletContainerException: Unable to start embedded Tomcat
    at org.springframework.boot.context.embedded.tomcat.
TomcatEmbeddedServletContainer.initialize(TomcatEmbeddedServletContainer
.java:100)
    at org.springframework.boot.context.embedded.tomcat.
TomcatEmbeddedServletContainer.<init>(TomcatEmbeddedServletContainer
.java:74)
    at org.springframework.boot.context.embedded.tomcat.
TomcatEmbeddedServletContainerFactory.getTomcatEmbeddedServletContainer(
TomcatEmbeddedServletContainerFactory.java:295)
    at org.springframework.boot.context.embedded.tomcat.
TomcatEmbeddedServletContainerFactory.getEmbeddedServletContainer(
TomcatEmbeddedServletContainerFactory.java:147)
    at org.springframework.boot.context.embedded.
EmbeddedWebApplicationContext.createEmbeddedServletContainer(
EmbeddedWebApplicationContext.java:148)
    at org.springframework.boot.context.embedded.
EmbeddedWebApplicationContext.onRefresh(EmbeddedWebApplicationContext.
java:121)
    ... 7 more

Please find the full exception trace here - http://pastebin.com/u9R644Bf

Could someone help me out with where I'm going wrong? Please let me know if
any more information is required.

Regards,
Saurabh

Re: Facing problems getting started with the project on eclipse

Posted by Saurabh Chakrabarti <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Thanks for your email. Please excuse me if I have not understood your
instruction correctly, but this is what I did.

I imported this project as a gradle project
[image: Inline images 2]

and changed the run configurations to take the arguments 'clean
tomcatrunwar'

[image: Inline images 1]

This did work, but I'm not sure if this is how I was supposed to get
started running the project from eclipse. I was expecting this to work as a
normal java project which would work when I imported from the 'Import
existing project into workspace' option (following the instructions here-
https://mifosforge.jira.com/wiki/display/MDZ/Eclipse+Setup), and run
ServerApplication.java as a Java application .

Are the instructions in the wiki outdated or am I missing something?

Regards,
Saurabh

Posted by Mifos Community Support <co...@confluxtechnologies.com>.

--
Thanks and regards,
Mifos Community Support

​
*Conflux Technologies Pvt Ltd <http://www.confluxtechnologies.com/> *

Posted by Himadri Mitra <hi...@confluxtechnologies.com>.

Posted by Saurabh Chakrabarti <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

[...]

org.springframework.boot.context.embedded.EmbeddedWebApplicationContext.refresh(EmbeddedWebApplicationContext.java:109)

Posted by Mifos Community Support <co...@confluxtechnologies.com>.
Hi Saurabh,

--
Thanks and regards,