Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Stefano Bagnara <io...@bago.org> on 2005/09/17 16:59:06 UTC

MimeMessageWrapper "missing" wrapping methods

In MimeMessageWrapper we extends MimeMessage but we don't wrap the following
public methods from MimeMessage and from Message:
----
public Address getSender() throws MessagingException;
public void setSender(Address arg0) throws MessagingException;
public void addRecipient(RecipientType arg0, Address arg1) throws
MessagingException;
public Folder getFolder();
public int getMessageNumber();
public boolean isExpunged();
public boolean match(SearchTerm arg0) throws MessagingException;
public void setFlag(Flag arg0, boolean arg1) throws MessagingException;
public void setRecipient(RecipientType arg0, Address arg1) throws
MessagingException;
---
We currently don't use them in James source code but adding the wrappers
could help avoiding future bugs.
Is this correct?

Stefano

Re: MimeMessageWrapper "missing" wrapping methods

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
> I want us to eliminate as much as possible the
> MimeMessageWrapper.  We can support the creation of a
> MimeMessage when someone wants to use JavaMail to manipulate
> the message content, otherwise we can just use regular streams.

Isn't this what MimeMessageWrapper already does?

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Stefano,

I want us to eliminate as much as possible the MimeMessageWrapper.  We can
support the creation of a MimeMessage when someone wants to use JavaMail to
manipulate the message content, otherwise we can just use regular streams.

As I recall, we've already discussed and agreed on this approach.

	--- Noel