Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by theseusyang <th...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/09 01:50:55 UTC

add 'ZeroCopy' functions into geode

Hi All,

Because when Geode continue writing Entry into cache , then frequently
switching Cache Context to Disk File Context, it seriously affect
performance , cause high-latency response.

Maybe 'Zero Copy' is a referenced solutions, Any body is interested in this
feature?

theseus yang

Re: add 'ZeroCopy' functions into geode

Posted by Anilkumar Gingade <ag...@pivotal.io>.
As i know we try to avoid copying as much as possible....When we read from
socket to storing in cache...Its mostly the reference pointer that is
passed around...Someone can correct me if i am wrong....

I am interested to see how adopting techniques to reduce cache-miss rates
(L1/L2) will help Geode...

-Anil.

Posted by Swapnil Bawaskar <sb...@pivotal.io>.