Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Antony Quinn <aq...@ebi.ac.uk> on 2006/06/21 18:17:55 UTC

CInclude + proxy server

Hello,

I'm using CInclude to obtain data from local and remote servers. This
works fine on my desktop, but in our production environment I need to
use a proxy server to connect to external URLs.

I've checked Sun's network documentation* and found that you can
configure proxying using system properties. The Tomcat documentation**
also explains how to pass these properties when starting Catalina. For
example, I could add the following to startup.sh or to a script that
calls startup.sh:

export JAVA_OPTS='-Dhttp.proxyHost=wwwcache.ebi.ac.uk
-Dhttp.proxyPort=8080 -Dhttp.nonProxyHosts=*.ebi.ac.uk|localhost
-DproxySet=true'

Before I bug our systems people, does anyone know if this works?

I checked the CInclude source code [http://tinyurl.com/ozqnm] but
couldn't figure out it if uses the java.net libraries to make remote
connections.

Cheers,

Antony

*  http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/net/properties.html
** http://tomcat.apache.org/faq/misc.html#properties

Re: CInclude + proxy server

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On 6/21/06, Antony Quinn <aq...@ebi.ac.uk> wrote:
> ...in our production environment I need to
> use a proxy server to connect to external URLs...

see
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/FAQs#head-89e170fb6bab33c40eddcbe152bbf46d1c6ece76

-Bertrand