Posted to user@beam.apache.org by Steve Niemitz <sn...@apache.org> on 2019/02/25 21:03:56 UTC

Re: Stateful processing : @OnWindowExpiration DoFn annotation

I've noticed this doesn't seem to work either.  The workaround is to just
schedule an event-time timer at the end of the window + allowed lateness.
The built-in GroupIntoBatches transform [1] does just this, I suspect to
work around the issue as well.

[1]
https://github.com/apache/beam/blob/79b81b27d22d875d6b324d8ba9051b4f8f77c420/sdks/java/core/src/main/java/org/apache/beam/sdk/transforms/GroupIntoBatches.java#L167

Posted by Steve Niemitz <sn...@apache.org>.
You are correct that state is per-key.  In your case, if you just want all
elements in a window to be emitted when the window closes, you can just use
GroupByKey and assign everything the same key.  When the window closes
you'll get an iterable of all elements in that window.

Note: this won't scale well, as you'll be processing the group on a single
worker, however for smaller data sets it should be fine.

On Tue, Feb 26, 2019 at 10:26 AM Augustin Lafanechere <

Posted by Augustin Lafanechere <au...@kapten.com>.

Posted by Augustin Lafanechere <au...@kapten.com>.

Posted by Kenneth Knowles <ke...@apache.org>.
Sorry you hit this issue.