Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org> on 2013/10/02 16:07:19 UTC

Translations

Guys - should we be generating some non-english docs for 3.1.0?

Re: Translations

Posted by Marcel Kinard <cm...@gmail.com>.
The other thing I mentioned in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-4964 is that (upon trivial inspection) it appears that the translations sitting in the edge dir actually are translations of 3.0, not 3.1.

- should those translations be published as 3.0 docs? (I'm tempted to say yes)
- is there a plan to get the translations updated with the delta content between 3.0 and 3.1 that is in en?

Re: Translations

Posted by Lisa Seacat DeLuca <ld...@us.ibm.com>.
Yes.  I have been pulling the edge documentation into crowdin and
translating into a few languages and then asking for pull requests.  I
believe edge is on 3.1.0 now, correct?  So I can do a pull request for the
other languages.  One of the things I've been struggling with is breaking
each of the languages out into their own pull requests.  So they're all
bundled into one.  That might be my lack of github expertise.  Also, not
sure if you guys noticed but Marcel opened a JIRA issue because the
rakefile is only handling english languages docs.  See:

@Andrew, did you see the email I sent you yesterday?

Lisa Seacat DeLuca
Emerging Mobile Software Engineer - IBM Master Inventor
SWG Emerging Internet Standards

Phone: 1-410-332-2128 | Mobile: 1-415-787-4589
E-mail: ldeluca@us.ibm.com
personal website: lisaseacat.com
Chat: ldeluca@us.ibm.com
Find me on:   and within IBM on:

100 East Pratt St 21-2212
Baltimore, MD 21202-1009
United States

From:   Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>
To:     Michael Brooks <mi...@michaelbrooks.ca>, Lisa Seacat DeLuca/San
Francisco/IBM@IBMUS
Cc:     dev <de...@cordova.apache.org>
Date:   10/02/2013 10:08 AM
Subject:        Translations
Sent by:        agrieve@google.com

Guys - should we be generating some non-english docs for 3.1.0?