Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Ronan Lucio <ro...@tiper.com.br> on 2006/11/17 16:22:28 UTC

What version?

Hello,

Although it´s knowed the latest version is the recomended, I have a
Linux RHE4 server and the package available for download is
subversion-1.1.4-2

The latest suversion version is 1.4.2.

Question: Would I miss many things installing subversion-1.1.4-2?

Thanks
Ronan

Re: What version?

Posted by Ronan Lucio <ro...@tiper.com.br>.
David,

I had executed the command:

# up2date --show-available | grep subversion
subversion-1.1.4-2.ent.i386
subversion-devel-1.1.4-2.ent.i386
subversion-perl-1.1.4-2.ent.i386

But you´re right.
Thank you very much for the answer,
Ronan

Re: What version?

Posted by David Parish <dp...@gmail.com>.
I just grabbed the APR rpm's listed on that same page.

-Dave

Re: What version?

Posted by Madison Kelly <li...@alteeve.com>.
Erik Huelsmann wrote:
> On 11/17/06, Madison Kelly <li...@alteeve.com> wrote:
>> Ronan Lucio wrote:
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > David Parish escreveu:
>> >>
>> http://the.earth.li/pub/subversion/summersoft.fay.ar.us/pub/subversion/latest/rhel-4/
>>

>> <http://the.earth.li/pub/subversion/summersoft.fay.ar.us/pub/subversion/latest/rhel-4/>
>>

>> > Trying to install subversion-1.4.0 via RPM, it asks for the "apr" and
>> > "apr-util" packages 0.9.7 and the system has apr-0.9.4 and
>> apr-util-0.9.4
>> > installed.
>> >
>> > I tryed to type "man apr" but there is no manual pages for that.
>> >
>> > So, for what apr and apr-util is used?
>> > Is it possible to break some compatibility in the system upgrading
>> > this package?
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Ronan
>>
>> APR is the Apache Portable Runtime which is needed for the web-interface
>> bits, I think. I *think* they are not needed when just using svnserve
>> but if someone sager than me pipes in, I defer to them. I'm still
>> somewhat new to Subversion myself. :)
>
> APR is *always* required: it's what makes Subversion portable to any
> and all supported platforms...
>
> bye,
>
> Erik.

Well there ya' go, I've been learned. :)

Madi

Re: What version?

Posted by Erik Huelsmann <eh...@gmail.com>.

Re: What version?