Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2006/11/06 02:46:56 UTC

Thoughts on the UIMA web pages

Some thoughts I'm having about improving the web pages.  Here's some
changes I think are needed, in no particular order.

1) Something to say what the various versions are, where they are, why
they are, and where to report bugs
2) Eventually (when we have a release) we should have a download link
box on the front page, similar to
http://incubator.apache.org/servicemix/main/home.html right-hand side
floating box
3) Some nice graphical diagrams would be nice - showing the "container"
idea of UIMA
4) A diagram which shows the difference between the framework and the
things that plug into it would be nice
     4a) something that points to where to get Annotators
     4b) a description of the kinds of annotators that have been developed
5) Embeddings of UIMA
      5a) product embeddings
      5b) engagement / project embeddings
      5c) links to other UIMA information
6) ToDo list, where help is needed (maybe this is a pointer to the wiki?)
7) Tools for annotator developers
8) Debugging - how to
9) Developer information - how to climb the learning curve in becoming a
useful contributor to this project
    9a) Maven use
    9b) Web-site how-to
    9c) Docbook(s) how-to
10) Road Map - what's coming (including C++)

-Marshall

Re: Thoughts on the UIMA web pages

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Another important topic:

Migrating from pre-Apache UIMA, including timelines, support intentions,
etc.