Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by ra...@lerdorf.on.ca on 1997/01/25 08:10:52 UTC

mod_cgi.c does not compile in latest snapshot

gcc -c   -O2 -DLINUX -Wall  mod_cgi.c
mod_cgi.c: In function `cgi_handler':
mod_cgi.c:380: `suexec_enabled' undeclared (first use this function)
mod_cgi.c:380: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
mod_cgi.c:380: for each function it appears in.)
make: *** [mod_cgi.o] Error 1

-Rasmus

Re: mod_cgi.c does not compile in latest snapshot

Posted by Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>.
Yea, we know.  We decided that CGI scripts are a security risk so if we
prevent mod_cgi from compiling Apache will be more secure.  <g>

(the problem is fixed now.  just a missing include of
http_conf_globals.h...)

Posted by ra...@lerdorf.on.ca.
> gcc -c   -O2 -DLINUX -Wall  mod_cgi.c
> mod_cgi.c: In function `cgi_handler':
> mod_cgi.c:380: `suexec_enabled' undeclared (first use this function)
> mod_cgi.c:380: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> mod_cgi.c:380: for each function it appears in.)
> make: *** [mod_cgi.o] Error 1

Including http_conf_globals.h in mod_cgi.c fixes this problem.  Is this
global variable really necessary though?  It is going to make it that much
harder to make sure Apache is re-entrant and threadable.

-Rasmus