Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Thomas Graf <gr...@essi.fr> on 1998/09/16 17:50:50 UTC

general/3011: Wrong order of bytes in IP address for Listen and VirtualHost directives

>Number:         3011
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Wrong order of bytes in IP address for Listen and VirtualHost directives
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Release:        1.3.1
>Environment:
Data General DG/UX for Intel

uname -a: dgux dms1 R4.20MU01 generic AViiON Pentium
Named virtual hosts (3 names, 1 IP address) did not work until I gave the
IP address in opposite order (least significant byte first).
In this case:
www.dms.at and dms1.essi.fr have the IP address 157.169.10.160. The
NameVirtualHost and <VirtualHost> did not show an error (httpd -S), but virtual
hosts did not work.
When I added the following directive in httpd.conf:
Listen 157.169.10.160:80
I got the error message:
[Tue Sep 15 14:30:58 1998] [crit] (126)Can't assign requested address: make_sock: could not bind to address 160.10.169.157 port 80
Virtual hosts work since I replaced the IP address with 160.10.169.157.