Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Morgan Gangwere <0....@gmail.com> on 2006/11/28 22:13:17 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] Failed downloads: "Could not get next bucket brigade"

try getting the file from a completely different machine, completely
different internet connection, etc. if THAT fails, then  its an apache
problem, or a problem on the Server-Side. does the file work if you
open it? does it pass md5 checks?

On 11/28/06, Todd Hivnor <sp...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > I've got one user who always seems to have problems
> > downloading files from my Apache server. She reports that the
> > download process hangs, often with 1% of the file remaining
> > to download.
> >
> > The server logs have this error:
> >
> > (104)Connection reset by peer: Could not get next bucket
> > brigade [500, #0]
> >

> > I'm running Apache 2.0.51 on Fedora Core 2.
> >
> > Does anyone know how to address this bug ?
>
> Imaginatively... If it's only one user and can't be reproduced with a
> standard browser at your end, it looks like a client-side issue
> (especially with "Connection reset by peer" - ie the client broke the
> connection).
>
> - is it size dependent, can she download smaller files?
> - how is she connected to internet (eg, ADSL, dial-up?) do they have a
> size limit?
> - does the file contain anything that a virus-scanner on the client
> might reject? (try replacing the file with plain ascii of same size or
> ask her to switch off any virus-scannners).
>
> We have tried determining if there is a pattern to when the download fails.
> We haven't been able to find a pattern to it: she can often download large
> files, while smaller files fail. There might be a virus checking problem ...
> I will follow up on that idea.
>
> In terms of network connections, I've got this very same error popping up
> with a long list of diffent IP addresses. And I know it happens with her,
> when she logs in from home, or when she uses an office network. So the error
> sure sounds "network related," the logs show it happening on a lot of
> different networks.
>
>  - Todd
>

> ________________________________

Morgan gangwere

"Space does not reflect society, it expresses it." -- Castells, M.,
Space of Flows, Space of Places: Materials for a Theory of Urbanism in
the Information Age, in The Cybercities Reader, S. Graham, Editor.
2004, Routledge: London. p. 82-93.

Re: [users@httpd] Failed downloads: "Could not get next bucket brigade"

Posted by Todd Hivnor <sp...@yahoo.com>.
I am using WebDAV. The user has had trouble using a normal web browser, as well as connecting via WebDAV with Windows Explorer.

I added " EnabledSendfile Off " to my config, and the user was able to download some files which were previously causing problems.

So I've got my fingers crossed ... that might have done the trick!

Thanks!

Yvo van Doorn <yv...@gmail.com> wrote: Do you have mod_dav enabled? Does upgrading to 2.0.59 fix the issue? I had issues with DAV and Sendfile. If its a sendfile() capable OS, have you tried putting EnabledSendfile Off in your configuration?

 On 11/28/06, Morgan Gangwere <0....@gmail.com> wrote: try getting the file from a completely different machine, completely

Re: [users@httpd] Failed downloads: "Could not get next bucket brigade"

Posted by Yvo van Doorn <yv...@gmail.com>.