Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Peter Jamieson <Pe...@convergys.com> on 2016/06/08 08:55:52 UTC

ApacheDS replication

Hi,

I've had the occasional issue with changes I make on one side of apacheDS not being replicated.

Is there a way of forcing a synchronization?

Peter Jamieson
Consultant Software Engineer
Customer Experience Management Solutions
50 Park Road | Gatley, Cheshire, SK8 4HZ
O  +44 (0)161 495 1186
E  peter.jamieson@convergys.com<ma...@convergys.com>
W www.ConvergysTechnologies.com<http://www.ConvergysTechnologies.com>
[cid:image006.png@01D0B261.A0FA1460]<http://www.convergys.com/>
[cid:image007.png@01D0B261.A0FA1460]<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Convergys/179559970785>[cid:image008.png@01D0B261.A0FA1460]<https://twitter.com/convergys> [cid:image009.png@01D0B261.A0FA1460] <http://www.linkedin.com/company/convergys>

Re: ApacheDS replication

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 2:49 PM, Peter Jamieson <Peter.Jamieson@convergys.com
> wrote:

> > From: Emmanuel Lécharny [mailto:elecharny@gmail.com]
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I've had the occasional issue with changes I make on one side of
> apacheDS
> > not being replicated.
> > >
> > > Is there a way of forcing a synchronization?
> >
> > Hmmm, not that I know of. Once replication is setup, it's supposed to
> cacth
> > up. I it's not, it's a bug.
> >
> > Kiran ?
>
> As I said, this has happened a few times.
> When it does happen again, are there any logs I should get or directories
> to check and attach to a jira?
>
> yeah, just check the logs under "log" directory and attach the relevant
parts

> The /var/lib/apacheds-2.0.0_M21/default/syncrepl-data directory is empty
> on both sides and a change I made after replication was set up has not been
> replicated.

this directory will have data files containing changes to be pushed to the
clients, if it is empty
there is something wrong and the details should be present in the logs.

> ________________________________
>
> NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic mail transmission is
> intended by Convergys Corporation for the use of the named individual or
> entity to which it is directed and may contain information that is
> privileged or otherwise confidential. If you have received this electronic
> mail transmission in error, please delete it from your system without
> copying or forwarding it, and notify the sender of the error by reply email
> or by telephone (collect), so that the sender's address records can be
> corrected.

Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com

RE: ApacheDS replication

Posted by Peter Jamieson <Pe...@convergys.com>.

Re: ApacheDS replication

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 08/06/16 � 10:55, Peter Jamieson a �crit :