Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2019/04/17 12:48:57 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache MINA 2.1.2

Hi !

I'm calling for a vote of Apache MINA 2.1.2 release.

It's a bug fix release following last week SSL fix (MINA 2.1.1): the
WriteFuture was not notified that the message was fully sent, leading to
a stalling application  if one  was doing a future.await().

A temporary tag has been created (it can be removed if the vote is not
approved) :

https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=mina.git;a=commit;h=bb2e433c37959c4de910679e8e8bc1686202c6e8

The newly approved Nexus has been used for the preparation of this
release and all final artifacts are stored
in a staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemina-1044

The distributions are available for download on :
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mina/mina/2.1.2/

Let us vote :
[ ] +1 | Release MINA 2.1.2
[ ] ± | Abstain
[ ] -1 | Do*NOT*   release MINA 2.1.2

Thanks !

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache MINA 2.1.2

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.
+1

Jeff

Result, was: [VOTE] Release Apache MINA 2.1.2

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Hi !

I'm closing this vote a few hors before the 72h period, because I'm
leaving for a week tomorrow morning, and I won't be able to publish the
package and update the site in time otherwise.

We have had 3 binding +1:

Jeff, Jonathan and me.

Thanks a lot !

Re: One more vote, was : [VOTE] Release Apache MINA 2.1.2

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot Jonathan !

I'm closing the vote now.

Posted by Jonathan Valliere <jo...@emoten.com>.

--

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The contents of this email message and any
attachments are intended solely for the addressee(s) and may contain

Re: One more vote, was : [VOTE] Release Apache MINA 2.1.2

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.
Damn, totally missed Jonathan’s vote!

Goody! I’ll close the vote tonite and push the packages before jumping to
the airport...

Thanks, guys!

Le ven. 19 avr. 2019 à 14:56, Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org> a écrit :

> You have 3 if you count yourself.  Jonathon, me, and you.  Did you want
> one more beyond 3?
>
> Jeff
>

> > On Apr 19, 2019, at 3:06 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi guys,
> >

> > I would need one more vote for this release to be out ! I'm leaving for
> a week vacation tomorrow morning, so it's a bit tight schedule :-)
> >

> > Thanks !
> >

> > On 17/04/2019 14:48, Emmanuel Lécharny wrote:
> >> Hi !
> >>
> >> I'm calling for a vote of Apache MINA 2.1.2 release.
> >>
> >> It's a bug fix release following last week SSL fix (MINA 2.1.1): the
> WriteFuture was not notified that the message was fully sent, leading to a
> stalling application  if one  was doing a future.await().
> >>
> >> A temporary tag has been created (it can be removed if the vote is not
> >> approved) :
> >>

> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=mina.git;a=commit;h=bb2e433c37959c4de910679e8e8bc1686202c6e8
> >>
> >> The newly approved Nexus has been used for the preparation of this
> >> release and all final artifacts are stored
> >> in a staging repository:
> >> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemina-1044
> >>

> >> The distributions are available for download on :
> >> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mina/mina/2.1.2/
> >>
> >> Let us vote :
> >> [ ] +1 | Release MINA 2.1.2
> >> [ ] ± | Abstain
> >> [ ] -1 | Do*NOT*   release MINA 2.1.2
> >>
> >> Thanks !

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: One more vote, was : [VOTE] Release Apache MINA 2.1.2

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Hi guys,