Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "William E. Kempf" <we...@cox.net> on 2002/04/21 13:59:40 UTC

mod_dav and XML_SetEventHandler

I'm new to Linux and Apache, so bear with me.

I'm struggling to get mod_dav to work on my system.  I've
compiled/installed Apache 1.3.24 (I'm using a PHP web photo gallery
package that doesn't work with Apache 2.0) successfully and all is
working fine on that front.  I want to get WebDav support via mod_dav to
allow easy maintenance of the web site using DreamWeaver, so I've been
trying to compile/install mod_dav.

I've downloaded expat and built the libexpat.a as per the instructions,
and copied the necessary files as specified to /usr/local.

The following is the script I'm running to compile/install mod_dav:

./configure \

--with-apxs=/usr/local/apache_1.3.24/bin/apxs \

--with-expat=/usr/local

make

make install

Everything compiles with no errors and the output indicates -lexpat as a
compile command line parameter.  Despite all of this, when I try and
start Apache (/usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl sslstart) I get the
infamous error:

Syntax error on line 208 of /usr/local/apache_1.3.24/conf/httpd.conf:

Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/libdav.so into server:
/usr/local/apache/libexec/libdav.so: undefined symbol:
XML_SetElementHandler

(Note /usr/local/apache is a symlink to /usr/local/apache_1.3.24.)

I've followed all of the instructions I could find via a Google search
that are pertinent to this error, but no matter what I try I get this
same error.  (And yes, I've built the whole shebang from scratch, i.e.
deleted all the /usr/local/src directories where the src files were
untarred to as well as the /usr/local/apache_1.3.24 direcotry, to insure
a proper build.)

Anyone got any suggestions for how I can accomplish compiling/installing
mod_dav on my system?

Bill Kempf

RE: mod_dav and XML_SetEventHandler

Posted by "William E. Kempf" <we...@cox.net>.
I've yet to receive a response to the following query.  Why do I receive
the error:

Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/libdav.so into server:
/usr/local/apache/libexec/libdav.so: undefined symbol:
XML_SetElementHandler

Compiling with Apache 1.3.24, which should not have problems with expat.

Posted by "William E. Kempf" <we...@cox.net>.

Then the question remains, why do I receive the error (with or without a

Posted by Irmund Thum <it...@it97.dyn.dhs.org>.

--
_ ___
|  |  Irmund    Thum